Galliarda was formed by the late Nottingham-based musicologist, recorder- player and flautist Wendy Hancock. They have performed throughout Britain including a nationwide tour on the Making Music scheme (2013-15) and for BBC’s `In tune’. Since Wendy’s death in 2016 the ensemble has reformed and is led from the harpsichord by original member, soprano, Sara Stowe.
Galliarda Continuo Foundation Tour `An Enlightened Heart’ Dates 2023
- February 9th In Tune Broadcast BBC Radio 3
- February 17th 7.30 St Brevita, Lan Livery, Cornwall PL30 5BT Tickets £10 on the door
- March 3rd 7.30 St Mary’s Church, Haddenham, Tickets at £15 available on Eventbrite
- March 4th 7.30 St Helen’s Church, Ashby de la Zouch LE65 1AA £10 Tickets available from www.sthelensashby.net via the ‘what’s on’ tab
Christian Rose Violins, 100 Market Street, Ashby de la Zouch Caroline Essex 01530 417056 Tickets on the door
- March 8th 4.30 pm Monument Place, McCarthy Stone, Endless Street, Salisbury SP1 3SP tel: 017223 32290 Tickets on the door
- March 17th 1.30 ARC Centre, St John’s Walk, Old Harlow CM17 OAJ Tickets by donation
- March 30th 7.30 Holburne Museum, Bath BA2 4DB Tickets £20 tel: 01225 388569 https://www.holburne.org/events/an-enlightened-heart/
The group’s recent research into female composers of the eighteenth century was awarded a grant from the Diane Ambache Foundation to perform and record `An Enlightened Heart’ for Tremula CDs. Sara Stowe featured the music of these female composers in 2022 when she was harpsichordist in residence for the Spring exhibition Battlefields and Baroque at Blelnheim Palace.